INDIANA CRISIS ASSISTANCE RESPONSE TEAM
"Called to respond with respect
for those in crisis."
Who We Are
Unexpected traumatic events can overwhelm a person and a community physically, emotionally and spiritually. I-CART is a crisis response team that assists victims and survivors of crime, trauma, and disasters at the scene of a traumatic event or at a designated site following the event. By providing a safe place for those affected to debrief about their situation, I-CART team members allow individuals to share their crisis reactions with others involved. By debriefing those affected, we hope our crisis intervention support session will minimize further crisis reactions and help provide education and support on the topic. I-CART follows the National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA) crisis response model and protocol.
All I-CART response team members have successfully completed the NOVA basic training in community crisis response. All response team members are volunteers and include mental health professionals, nurses and individuals associated with law enforcement, fire departments, victim assistance, the faith-based community, emergency management and hospitals.
I-CART is included in the comprehensive emergency management plan for Marion County. The services and expertise provided by I-CART are designed to be a supplemental resource to:
- Law enforcement agencies
- Fire departments
- Victim assistance
- American Red Cross of Greater Indianapolis
- Emergency Management
- Other responses established in Indiana
- Mental Health Therapists
- A network of trained professionals coordinated through a single system to respond to the needs of victims of disaster or traumatic events in a timely and planned way by allowing them to talk about the specific disaster or event that occurred.
- Our objective is to provide a safe place to debrief about the current situation.
- Since mental health counseling is not provided by our team members, referrals can be made to those in need.
- These services are free of charge and offered with dignity and respect for individual and cultural differences.
- Crisis Response Team Deployment
- Community Support and Education
- Consultation on coordinating disaster/crisis response
- Telephone consultation
- On-scene and other services are offered at no cost to individuals or to agencies.
I-CART is a non-profit organization committed to the
recognition and implementation of victim rights.
2012 I-CART Board of Directors and Officers
|Michie Sebree||Call-Out Coordinator|
|Anna Bies||Board Member |
|Elizabeth Boyle||Board Member |
|Cynthia Jackson||Board Member |
|Janet McCutchan||Board Member |
|Lee Schwecke||Board Member |
|Michie Sebree||Board Member |
|Mandy Stirratt||Board Member |
|Lew Weiss||Board Member|
2012 Board Meetings
Board meetings will be held at
1812 North Capitol Ave, Wile Hall, Room 228 Indianapolis, IN 46202
|February 21||5:00 - 7:00 pm|
|April 17||5:00 - 7:00 pm|
| June 19||5:00 - 7:00 pm|
| August 21||5:00 - 7:00 pm|
| October 16|| 5:00 - 7:00 pm|